View Single Post
Old 09-06-2007, 04:07 PM

Default Re: Are relationships and marriage all the rage?

[ QUOTE ]
I have watched one by one as my friends wives end their careers once they had a child. It was of their own choosing, and for a couple of them even after it had been settled that they would continue to work and certain financial burdens had been assumed. It was kind of neat, really to watch that instinct kick in. None of them plan on returning to work.

[/ QUOTE ]

The feminist credo of "you can have it all" was a scam. Women don't want to have it all (most don't, anyway). They want to stay home with their kids. Partly because of maternal reasons - and partly because getting up and going to work every day sucks. Yes raising kids is hard, but raising kids + the responsibilities/stresses of another job is harder.

Every one of my friend's wives quit working as soon as they had their first child. In talking to them, most of them sounded almost as happy about the prospect of not having to work anymore as they were about becoming parents. Their husbands all make big bucks and I'm doubtful any of them will ever work another day in their lives, even once their kids are grown.