View Single Post
Old 09-06-2007, 03:57 PM

Default Re: Are relationships and marriage all the rage?

[ QUOTE ]
For the married people out there, does the thought of being with only one person the rest of your life freak you out or is it comforting... or do you just never think about it because you're too busy? The day to day aspects of marriage seem really really really hard. What do you do if you get bored with your mate?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just my 2 cents but been married for a little over 5 years now and I don't find it hard at all. I've got a beautiful wife (way too good-looking for me by any objective measurement), she makes me laugh, we have fun, we like to do a lot of the same things, and she lets me do my own thing (like poker which she has no interest in) when I want, and I let her do her own thing when she wants.

What's so hard?

And I disagree with your last sentence about "getting bored" with the other person. This is probably why so many people divorce, and I think it's a silly reason. Love is not about keeping the other person excited or entertained. If a person can't deal with the fact that they'll never have that euphoric feeling of lust/infatuation that comes in the beginning of a relationship again - they probably shouldn't get married. But they are missing out on far more IMO.