Thread: NL MVP
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2007, 03:38 PM

Default Re: NL MVP

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
metsandfinsfan,

You agree that in the AL, the MVP MUST play on the WC team correct?

Also, The Mets will probably make the playoffs by over 5 games, thus by your logic Wright has ABSOLUTELY NO CHANCE of deserving to win the MVP.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didnt say that you guys just love to put words in peoples mouths
I think The MVP could come from a contending team that just misses if he helped his team win a lot of games sure. It should not go to someone on a less than .500 team when over 25% of teams make the playoffs in my opinion

Of course there are exceptions. Giving it to anyone but Bonds in 2001 would have been pretty ludicrous.
But again, the Mets are in first place. Would they be there without David Wright? No way. And the voters take that into account, whether you agree or disagree

[ QUOTE ]
wow metsandfinsfan might be dumber than vyse

[/ QUOTE ]

i cannot believe i am being called stupid for stating my opinions. I'm willing to debate and everything but i kindly ask for no personal attacks.

I also have not said David Wright should win it hands down either. I listed fielder and admitted that even if the Brewers fall short, he deserves a lot of consideration for taking the team as far as he did.

You guys are acting like I said the MVP has to always come from a team that wins by 2 games, or a division winner, or as somebody said the wild card. I never said any of that nonesense. I said that the voters take how the team did greatly into consideration when voting, and I agree with that. I also said that the Hank Aaron award should get more recognition as it goes to the best hitter, and then maybe there would be less controversy about the MVP

[/ QUOTE ]

If the Mets end up winning the division by 6 or 7 games, then they most certainly would have "been there without Wright." He doesn't add more wins than that. So, he is essentially completely valueless to his team.

Also, 25% of teams make the playoffs? What?