View Single Post
Old 09-06-2007, 12:56 PM

Default Re: Sit \'n Go Strategy study group -- Part 2: Mid Blind Play

[ QUOTE ]
I've only skimmed through about 1/3rd of the posts, but I have to say with 10-15BB the biggest improvement I've had is just shoving based on the Skalnsky-Chubakov(sp?) numbers from, I think, NLTAP.

You're usually short handed at this point, so you're in the SB or Button alot.

From the SB, it's simple, either it's a profitable shove or not. No ranges required, just look up the number.

From the Button I usually double the number. I think the book actually doesn't double it, but it's close enough so far.

For calling shoves or reshoving I'm usually following a similar formula. I figure if the BB is shoving double, I want to call with 3-4x the SC number. Calling is waaaaay more read dependent though.

I've found this makes me look really aggressive as I may shove in the SB multiple times in a row with things like Q3o because the SC number says it can't be a -cEV play. This tends to make them think I'm loose and they'll call more lightly than they should, or they'll reshove lightly and I'll end up with K8 vs QJ or some such, which is an advantage I'm happy to have.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really like anything that's going on here. Sorry. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]