View Single Post
Old 09-06-2007, 11:45 AM

Default The fold i almost made

I was in ac playing 2-5, and had about 750 infront of me. The game is playing pretty loose, but nothing crazy. Neway onto the hand.
Im in middle position and pick up AKs, unfortunatly a very tight conservative player bets out 30 UTG, it folds around to me and i call, only the BB calls. The flop comes Q A A and im thinking i hit gold. UTG fired out 30, i smooth call and the BB folds. The turn Comes a Jack, with no flush draw out. UTG checks to me and i bet 75, he raises to 175 and i call. The river is a blank and he fires out 250.......
I thought for a few mins, and deep down i knew i couldnt beat ne hands he would raise UTG, unless he was bluffing with KK, all hands he could have are QQ,JJ,AQ,AJ,AK, well i thought fora long time and threw the money in while deep down knowing i was beat. THis has been killing me for days, while at the table i thought about the hand, and i came to the conclusion i was beat and still called. I had been taking a beating all day n just got so frustrated n made a bad call. Just curious how u guys play this hand , and if u do nething diff(The guy had QQ and flopped a boat)