View Single Post
Old 09-06-2007, 10:59 AM

Default Re: Stud or Hi/Low: Which Is the More Difficult Game?

[ QUOTE ]

A lot of people think O8 is easy because it's very easy to beat soft O8 games, but that's just because O8 is an easy game to nut-peddle. (Whereas LHE for example is impossible to beat by nut-peddling, no matter how soft the field.)

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is a good point. O8 seems easy to me but that's mostly because I'm playing live games where 70-80% of the players see the flop. Playing just moderately tight and chucking all hands that have little chance of scooping is an easy way to make money, and abandoning flops where you have little chance takes little skill. In addition it's often obvious that you have one side of the pot tied up and another player has the other, and you can lead 2-3 other players along by the nose, splitting up their contributions as they call along with 2nd-20th nut hands.

Maybe stud/8 is the same way, I have never played it. I know one very annoying problem in O8 that would not happen in stud is counterfeited lows. I can't tell you how many times the 2 on the river has cost me half of the pot.