View Single Post
Old 09-06-2007, 10:12 AM

Default Re: 10/20 - KK - semi-bluffing top set

3bet the flop. Given that you just called and the villain checked, check the turn also. Given that you bet the turn, dont 3bet. Hes never folding a better hand and you could get capped. Instead of 3betting the turn save that bet for a crying call on the river. I hate the way this hand was played.

Your quote:

"Also, in an optimal strategy, what kind of hand would be best for bluff raising here some % of the time? I thought "KK" at the time, but maybe this is wrong and I just justified a spew?"

Why are you even thinking about this? I am aghast at such a flagrant misuse of mental energy. First of all, you didnt bluffraise the turn, you bluff-3bet the turn. There is no optimal hand to bluff-3bet with in this spot. It should never be down. Bluffraising this turn is different: Im sure there are some spots where you can raise the turn against certain opponents that love to bet/fold, but you should never bluffraise the turn with a hand that must call a 3bet like your KK. If you make this play, you should have a hand that is drawing dead once 3bet.