Thread: UFC 75
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2007, 04:52 AM

Default Re: UFC 75

I wouldn't be scared of Houston submitting me if I'm Sakara, either. Although he does have a couple power-based chokes that he can certainly use effectively if you give him the opportunity.

However I would be scared knowing that Houston can probably take me down at will, can pass my guard, can effectively defend submissions (high probabilty at the level of Sakara's jitsu anyways), and can pound the [censored] out of me in the half guard or side mount.

Not sure if that answers your question.

I'm not saying Houston is invincible or that he's the bet of the century yet. I just think a lot of people are overestimating Sakara and underestimating Houston. Based on what i've seen of his training and his skills and his workouts and his condoning and his intelligence and his motivation and his speed, explosiveness, strength and toughness, I think he's got all the tools he needs to come out victorious Saturday.

Sakara has a chance but not a good one, in my opinion. Houston will finish this fight on the ground or from the clinch. He's not going to stand and trade with Sakara. He's either going to put him against the fence and use his excellent muay thai from the clinch, or he's going to take him down and pound him.

-P