Thread: [censored]
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2007, 03:04 AM

Default Re: [censored]

as far as betting the turn, I didnt do it because if I bet the turn any decent amount (30ish or so) I've just stuck half my stack in the pot on this hand, if I get raised Im toast, and I just finished reading the chapter in proffesional NL talking about not putting in more than a 1/3 of your stack and folding, so im prolly missaplying concepts, but thats what I was trying to avoid here.

I was planning on check folding to strong turn bet, since on this board I can't see what hed call me on the flop with and bet the turn with that Im beating. I guess he could bet diamonds as a bluff or just have been floating me or something, but I havent really run into that at all in 100NL and wouldnt assume that from someone until I get a read otherwise. Also, I don't see him calling a decent bet here with anything I beat given the board and without a read hes a fish. So against those hands I can get a little more value by checking cuz he likel checks behind and then I can make a value bet on the river he might possibly call since I checked the turn. Which I figure is more profitable than protecting myself from the times he has a diamond draw

I dunno, that was my reasoning