View Single Post
Old 09-05-2007, 09:48 PM

Default Low Stakes MTT Strategy Help?

Hi All,

My first post here.

I've been playing online for about a year now with "recreational money". But after reading a Chris Ferguson article on bankroll management. Have been trying to build a bankroll by playing $1 & $2 MTTs on Cake.

Compared to Full Tilt the ability is very soft mostly very new players or complete donks. But the (my?) problem is these people play so stupid in the early rounds. And I'm not talking about these clowns chasing me down with runner runner for a bad beat. I'm asking for suggestions for a strategy for these tourneys. There are usually 4-6 limpers in any hand, any kind of reasonable pre-flop raise will get multiple callers. This mass call/limp behavior goes on at least until 6 or seventh round. Or Until they have donked off all their chips.

An example about 3rd round, I was on the button with KK, 4 limpers to me I raise 3xBB + 1bb for each limper in an attempt to thin the field or just take it down. All 4 called, uncoordinated flop and after they all check I shove about 2x the pot, which drove out 3, one stayed to win on the rvr (but thats not my point).

How do I combat this? I've tried playing super tight aggressive, and let the donks take each other out and run out of chips. But with 1500 starting chips and 6 min rounds, you can end up short fairly fast and have to make those all-in decisions.

Other Symptoms of these tourneys (yes, they are sick)

Flop-a-Phobia : they love to shove all-in, will often get multiple callers with a VERY wide range of hands, amazing and sometimes entertaining when the Q3s wins.

My Schlong is Bigger than Yours all-in re-raise: common to see a all-in re-raise 20 times the original bet or pot.

Any Ideas suggestions?

Thanks in advance, JimiB