View Single Post
Old 09-05-2007, 07:35 PM

Default iPhone vs iPod Touch: What say you EDF?

So Ive been reading all the stuff on the new iPod touch that was just announced, as I am sure many of you have. I'm kind of going stream of consciousness here but I think its an interesting subject. Some common themes Ive seen emerging on various blog comments, forums, reviews, etc.

1. iTouch is the iPhone killer. I sort of agree with this but not to the degree that some people think, if that makes sense. I do think signing an exclusive deal with ATT was a bad move on Apples part. I know they moved a lot of iPhones so far but I think they wouldve seen even better returns with unlocked phones.

2. iTouch sucks because the max storage 16 gigs. I dont agree with this at all. Is it really necessary to carry your entire music collection on your portable device? Still I realize this is a big deal to a lot of people and I wouldnt be surprised if Apple rolls out a larger capacity version.

These are the two big ones I've seen, feel free to chime in with any thoughts you might have, especially on the first two points I raised. Im especially interested to hear from those that have experience with business plans, marketing etc. I am very intrigued with Apple's decision to roll out a new product that essentially duplicates or even betters a product that you just released and want to hear some thoughts on that.

I will say personally speaking, Im pretty happy with my iRiver T10 but both the iPhone and the iTouch are pretty damn sweet and actually make me want an iWhatever for the first time.