View Single Post
Old 09-05-2007, 06:23 PM

Default Re: 100/200 SH AA hand with nut low draw, delaying the raise until tur

[ QUOTE ]
Do people more frequently check-raise the massive draw (a456 w/nut clubs or some lesser variation) or a set at sh 100/200?
Am I the only one not crazy about check-raising either, from villain's perspective? unless he puts u on aa and he's bluffing? Do people go to war on turn with just massive draw?

id be interested in getting general assessments of what % of the time villain has a) massive draw b) weak draw/air c) quality made hand in this particular situation at this limit

[/ QUOTE ]

They c/r both pretty consistently, and only the better players understand that it's often not a good idea to c/r with just a set in a 3-bet (pre) pot when 2 wheel cards and a 2-flush flop. However, note that villain didn't have just a set here; he had a bad low draw that could become good if an Ace or 4 were to fall--i'd like his play less on a Q45 flop, where there's less chance of the pre-flop raiser getting counterfeited if he has his most common holding: A2wx, where x is another card working well with the hand. On the 23Q flop, there's a fair chance of the pfr already having paired one of his low cards (thus being somewhat close to a counterfeit low situation). In re: to your second question, it's a common weakness for players at 1/2 to not slow down on the turn with a draw. The good players IMO just do it often enough to keep you off balance.

I think this overplaying by bad players stems from most of them coming from high-limit Holdem, where a huge draw is rare enough that when you're jamming the turn, you usually have the big hand, not the draw, and of course your opponents usually have less overall, so it's more correct to always jam there.