View Single Post
Old 09-05-2007, 05:50 PM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (9/3)

The table talk is just getting annoying now like everybody has alluded to. Phil Laak really isn't funny, he is a huge nit that sucks at poker, and on top of that he's a giant douchebag.

That Brandon guy reminds me of Dane Cook with the way he looks/sounds and the fact that he tries too hard to be funny.

Matusow and Hellmuth are both who they've always been, no surprises here. Matusow made a couple of really risky plays that worked out, but I'd say they were probably bad. He got bluffed out in the 72 hand vs Hellmuth in the beggining of the season and since then he just decided to never fold to anybody.

I still think Antonio is a cool guy, doesn't go overboard with the table talk and seems to act like himself instead of a bad cartoon character (ie Laak).

Overall this lineup isn't too interesting. I'm looking forward to seeing more of the table we saw at the end of last season's HSP with Booth, Ivey, Antonius, Negreanu, Greenstein, etc. (missing a bunch). Also Jman will be cool to watch when he gets on.

Also do we really need to keep the camera on Brandon for 5 minutes every time he debates whether or not to raise/call/fold?