Thread: 2+2 Ask the PPA
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2007, 05:20 PM

Default Re: Grassroots does not mean Pollyanna, it is hard and cynical at times

[ QUOTE ]
Were people who asked D$D some very pointed questions to feel him out being eltitist ? No.

I do support discussion of poker, politics and the legislative and it will never be a tea party if it is truly open and frank.

[/ QUOTE ]

While the journey wasn't always plesant, and took some measure of self control, getting to a good destination seems, at least for me as an INDIVIDUAL [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] it was worth the effort. One thing you can guarentee from 2+2 is passion about poker.

Effective political action requires both passion and a tough skin. Well at least a lasting effort.....

I had a brief conversation with John today involving mainly the timing of our meeting tomorrow. One thing became clear to me for that brief dialouge, he seems very aware that he will have to devote a good amount of effort to over comming past actions and lost opportunities if he is to be sucessful in implementing his "new" vision.

As I stated in my first post I have hope for the "new" PPA. But my hopes aren't always fufilled. I'm told I helped elect our current President twice, and the GOP would have not had control of the Senate at one point without my efforts. Look at how that turned out!

I do want to thank all who have posted comments to my posts. I don't mean to be rude to those that posted positive comments, but I want to especially thank those who were most negative.

D$D