View Single Post
Old 09-05-2007, 05:00 PM

Default Re: Things I miss...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Having a swimming pool to cool off and soak in during hot, lazy summer days, or after a hot day at work or school.

[/ QUOTE ]
I have a pool. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]

Being able to jog pretty much as long as I wanted to. Especially great were barefoot jogs along the beach, running in the water to cool off when I wanted to, or taking a quick swim in the middle of it. Also really great was doing it around sunset or in the early evening, after the day had cooled down, hearing and seeing the ocean as I ran, stomping the occasional phosphorescent man o'war, looking up at the stars in a sky much darker than you'll ever see in L.A., with so many more stars in it.

[/ QUOTE ]

jesus, did we live on the same beach in St. Augustine, Florida??

[/ QUOTE ]

Hawaii, for me. Lived a block from the beach. Miss that a lot sometimes.

Wish I had a pool now. It's been so hot lately, I even had a nightmare last Friday. I get those when it gets either really hot or really cold.

[/ QUOTE ]

it's awesome....my pool is right off my bedroom...when I wake up, I open my sliding glass door and fall into the water...ahhhhhhh....and before i got to bed I also tend to take a dip...and of course, I love lying on my floatie reading a book in the sun...

pain in the ass to keep it clean and sparkly, but i guess it's worth it...