View Single Post
Old 09-05-2007, 03:13 PM

Default Re: What\'s He Got Here?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So what's the worst hand you call with? What's the worst hand you raise for value? Do you raise air?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think raising with air is a valid option since after checking beind the flop your hand can sometimes come across as being Qx.

Weakest hand id raise the river with here would be like AK but I think it would be really thin unless you have a laggy image. Most likely no matter what the best bet size would be making it something like 140.

ALso i think you can fold basically anything worse then Kx here.

[/ QUOTE ]
i think raising air is an option to consider since he's basically telegraphing his hand, and it's obvious he's folding to a raise most of the time, however, your line is basically either: (with a riv raise)
1. A huge hand you opted not to cbet on the flop (like KK/QQ). Then you turned a lock. People don't believe big hands, if they're getting good odds. Hard to sell the nuts here.
2. A marginal hand (ala AQ) you decided to balance the flop with, then when improving got a nice value bet in. (this is what id think a river raise is most of the time)
3. Complete air that made a delayed cbet and was called and sees the blocker and thinks villain cannot call.

The thing about villain is he's a nit but he's also a pretty good nit, so he's pretty capable of bet/calling KJ here, esp. because your range is FAIRLY polarized between complete air OR a queen, so KJ is a decent type hand to b/c with if he induced the aggression.

I think a raise with AK is AUTOMATIC since you have the best hand almost always and will get called from time to time. However, how often do you get to the river WITH ak? Not too often. I agree with grindplz that folding JJ or worse is fine. (Raise is likely better then call)