View Single Post
Old 09-05-2007, 02:22 PM

Default Re: Lazymeatball goes to more Red Sox games: from the Bronx to the Fen

I should also mention that as today was Labor Day, it was official AFL-CIO day at Fenway Park, and Mass AFL-CIO pres Bobby Haynes threw out the ever popular ceremonial second pitch. Haynes is the same guy Sen. Ted Kennedy told to take our picture two years ago at the Mass Dems Convention because he “wasn’t doing anything” as Kennedy said. In honor of the event I wore the I.B.E.W. shirt I bought while we were in Las Vegas this past June.

So somehow Phil got incredibly inebriated at this game. He did take an entire paper towel roll from the bathroom and proceeded to roll it down the aisle as some sort of drunken version of a red carpet whenever he walked down the stairs.
Note the paper towel trail in the stairway

The cougars seemed very impressed with this so we sat down at a couple of empty seats next to them. At some point after a great Red Sox play we were all high fiving and Phil smacked the blonde cougar’s ass and when she turned around her and the guy she was with both thought it was me. After waiving my hands like an air traffic controller to say it wasn’t me I received some dirty looks and then I left.

Here’s a pic of the four of us:

Note Steve in the top left looking completely miserable. We pretty much ignored him most of the game and he never paid for the ticket. Despite that picture he seemed to enjoy himself anyway. After what we thought was a 10-1 blow out the Jays came back to make it a close one so we got to move down into the stands and watch Papelbon close it out.

The scoreboard after the Blue Jays ralllied back, just terrible 6th inning

After the game Phil and I went to the Jap place (Phil insists on calling it 'that Jap Place') in Kenmore square to sober up. We sat down, I ordered a Sapporro and then the karaoke mic was passed to Phil who finished out some Britney Spears song.

There was one table of a few young women and presumeably someone’s parents who seemed to love us. Phil called some older middle aged blonde women over and told her to sit in his lap. She responded that her husband who was with her would object. A really blurry pic of the older blonde chick Phil liked

I then sang Backstreet Boys “I want it that way” and brought down the house while singing right in various women’s faces while their friends took pictures of me, including a couple from Dallas that had come up to see Jimmy Buffet at Foxboro.

While there I got a pork teriyaki dish and Phil ordered some sort of rolls and a sashimi platter which were delicious. The raw fish seemed to sober Phil up enough to drive me back to my house in central MA where we called it a night.
Pork terriyaki

Links to past threads:
Mass Dem Convention 2006
NYC in July for Mets games (this post is too good to only have responses from mods)
My Baltimore trip