View Single Post
Old 09-05-2007, 01:14 PM

Default Re: 100/200 SH AA hand with nut low draw, delaying the raise until tur

Buzz,
These shorthanded higher stakes online games probably play in a way you are not accustomed to but the standard play is definitely to 3bet the flop here. The average level of aggression is very high and bluffs are very common. People will play the board texture against you and this board really does not favor my raising range. Even weaker and less aggressive opponents are checkraising a fair portion of the time OOP. Sure I am going to get blasted by a set some of the time, but my hand is pretty strong and due to my image it looks like my low got counterfeited so that would open up his checkraising range to two pair type hands with a low draw. I wouldn't exclude a hand like 2346 unsuited from this guys range. Nonetheless, you may well be right about me overplaying my hand here, but I would like to hear your reasoning and not just be given a one sentence chiding.

I think the difficulty of raising the turn as I did is that I am subjected to a 3 bet while I am behind. Against an opponent who I have a better read on as being super aggressive this play is less questionable and spewy since he will much less of the time have a set, but I still think it is an interesting spot even if it is read dependant.

Cero,
I pretty much agree with your analysis, but I think both you and buzz might have been influenced by the fact I got threebet on the turn, and I wish now that I had ended this post on the hand at my raising and done the post in two parts.