View Single Post
Old 09-05-2007, 12:57 PM

Default Re: I know what he has, but am not sure of a good line to protect my hand

[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure i covered 9x and smaller pps... and a guy with those stats doesn't float 1010/JJ in position often.
anways - you people are destroying this forum - when a read isn't posted you write some sarcastic retort about getting no information, and when it is all you can say is it is rediculous?

i'm 80% certain he has J10.

make your own read if you want, say why, then say what you'd do with the hand. is it that hard?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, if you're read is certain, then it's a math problem. You're a favorite on the flop even if he has JTs, so if you think he will call, shove. Otherwise reraise whatever you think he will call, and then value-bet the turn at the maximum you think he will call so long as he has the wrong odds to draw. Or call the flop and maximize a value bet on the turn, folding if he connects.

The point is that (1)you can't be certain about your read, and (2)if you are, then there's no real questions.

Just bet the flop, turn, and river to maximize value, and fold if he outdraws you.

Or give us some more info and ask what we think his range is on the flop. That would work too.