Thread: 20/40 QQ turn
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2007, 12:33 PM

Default Re: 20/40 QQ turn

I agree with others that checking the turn is the best play if you dont know what to do if check/raised.

However, once you bet the turn, I disagree with folding to this check/raise. I would call down. Here's my list of reasons why.

1) He's asian.
2) You said he's been active.
3) There are two flushdraws on the turn and an OESD possible.
4) Its very unlikely he has Ax given his flop line unless he has precisely AcXc,Ax9x,Ax6x,Ax2x or a slowplayed AA. So it looks to me that his range is heavily weighted towards monsters and semibluffs...There's a lot of draws out there.
5) Given your flop line, he knows youre not likely to have Ax either.
6) Extension of point 1. Seriously, how many Asians do you know at the middle limit's who can resist check/raising this turn with X [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 87s, X [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]X [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]? FWIW, If I knew you were trying to play well, and I knew you didnt know me, I would check/raise the turn with all those holdings 100% of the time.

Im not saying this is a clear calldown. I think its close between calling down and folding. Also, Its not like Im an expert in this spot cuz honestly, I never bet this turn against an aggressive player. Im just telling you that I would call down in this spot, and now you know my thought process for why I would do that.