View Single Post
Old 09-05-2007, 12:17 PM

Default Re: How to use Poker Tracker.

[ QUOTE ]
For the second problem, they told me to move or delete hand history files. But I do not know how I can do it ... !!!
Do you have an idea ?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know which site you're importing hands from, but somewhere on the appropriate menu there's space for you to specify a folder on your hard drive where you'd like Pokertracker to move the hand histories after it's imported them into the database.

Until you've done that, the hand histories will stay in the folder where the poker site first places them, and therefore Pokertracker will read through them ALL every time it imports hands into the database. (Of course, it's not going to find any new hands in those old files because it's already imported them once, but the point is, Pokertracker has to read them all before it knows they contain nothing new. This takes a lot of time and will substantially slow down performance.)

If you want to, just create a directory called OldHandHistories and use that as a dump. (Just be aware that you should not use a subdirectory of the main hand history directory. If you do, Pokertracker will still insist on reading the contents as part of its import procedure.)

Hope that makes sense. If not, PM me or ask again on this thread.