View Single Post
Old 09-05-2007, 08:46 AM

Default Re: Mr. Gatorade’s Lies cost me over 70k at Full Tilt

The risk is potential loss of business. The two major concerns people have about online poker is collusion and bots with collusion being a much larger threat. The sites have a vested interest in making people believe the sites are as safe as possible.

Party introduced a anti-bot text pop up. A few sites monitor playing patterns. If you never sleep or go to the bathroom you get flagged as a bot. They scan your running programs and they also try to detect and screw up screen scraping. I can't really see what else they can do. Truth is if someone really wants to program their own bot from scratch and they have the required skills it is very difficult if not impossible to detect. That is a very small list of people and those people already have a skill set that would earn them a legitimate high income so have less motivation.

The AI is what is hard to program. As such I don't consider the WHE system as a threat. I have not looked at it but it seems to be nothing more then a screen scraping program with a scripting option to design your AI with. I certainly hope he is not asking for more then $60-100 for it.

There is a program that folds hands. I'm somewhat concerned about this software since it would lead to players becoming much tighter players. Something that allows people to play 10+ tables while folding all bad hands and then just popping up the table when the player has a good hand is much easier to do and more of a threat then a profitable bot.