View Single Post
Old 09-05-2007, 06:21 AM

Default Re: 100/200 SH AA hand with nut low draw, delaying the raise until tur

I'd 3-bet him on the flop as a default, since you're often drawing to the same low (though he probably has backup) and your hi is thus often good. If he caps the flop, I'd probably still raise the turn as you did, but I'd be happier if he called and then c/r'd the turn, so that 2 bets went in on that street as opposed to 3). When he doesn't slow down on the turn, the Villain you described has at least Qs up, and usually a set. Think of it this way: he knows you'll never fold with the lo draw out, so his c/r is for value. What does he have that doesn't beat AA? Sometimes he has 2 flush draws and a low draw, I guess.

It's hard to quibble with a call on the end getting 11:1, but you really can't beat anything on the river after a not too agg villain 3-bets you on that turn (except the aforementioned double flush draw).

His c/r'ing range for the flop IMO is A4xx, 456x, sets, and that's pretty much it (Oh fine--AQ53 as well). If he super-sucks, then some bare 2 pair or a set with no low draw is in there.