View Single Post
Old 09-05-2007, 03:01 AM

Default Re: Hillary: Lunch in D.C. Donation \'Contest\'

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Going back to Obama, even IF, and it was not a consideration, your personal story was a choice criteria, the fact remained, you HAD to donate to enter, so either way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Either way what? A lottery requires entry fee + chance drawing + prize. If there is no chance drawing with the Obama dinner, which is likely, then there is no lottery. And the point you are trying to make is dependent on there being a donation lottery. So your point is moot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to hijack but...the Obama "lottery" is why I'm all done with financial contributions to candidates this cycle. I'm not saying I expected to get dinner with him, I was just under the impression that I had a chance. Following the TR of the dinner it was very clear that I (along with thousands of others) did not.

I can't imagine that this Hillary Dinner is going to be much different. With that in mind make your picks.

I'll take:
Black, middle-aged male/against the war/has a son in Iraq on second tour (3 units)

Hedging with:
Minority female student/preferably Louisiana college (assuming Bill is not close by) (1 unit)