View Single Post
Old 09-04-2007, 10:55 PM

Default Re: Party Regs Thread

[ QUOTE ]
has anybody played with Toeswinger enough to guess if he's a winning player at 200NL?

i feel like i'm running sick bad, but it lasts so long that i can't blame it solely on variance. probably i've become pretty weak-tight after a few downswings. i'm trying to fix this, but i keep running bad.

also a general question:
how likely is it, an intelligent person who plays a lot (about 2000 hands a day) and also spends a lot of time reading 2+2, watching cardrunners videos and just "working on his game" the last four monts is actually a losing player at 200NL?
(i've played poker before for about half a year at 25NL to 100NL, but not that intensively)

[/ QUOTE ]

With all due respect, some people just don't get it. I haven't been able to work out exactly what set of characteristics are required for someone to be able to pick up poker well enough to make a decent crust out of it, but I've tried to teach some highly intelligent people who couldn't work it out at all, and I've played against some people thick as bricks who obviously just took to the game naturally. So I don't think intelligence is the only prerequisite.

I don't mean for that to sound dispiriting, it's just my experience.