Thread: Relativity
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2007, 05:54 PM

Default Re: Relativity

joker, congratulations, you are one of the very few who have made it to the top. I am still near the bottom, with only 2K to my name. You are where I aspire to be (albeit not playing limit).

But no matter how much $$ you make it will never be enough. The game is endless. If you need to be at the top levels and always be winning, you may set yourself up for a psychological double-bind and (relative) unhappiness. It seems that win-rates and limits involve a trade-off such that as you move to the highest limits, you have to be willing to trade winning frequency (BB/100) for Total $ won.

Maybe it would be worth investing 1K to procure the service of a "Master Mind", some sports psychologist that can effectively address these concerns and help you avoid chronic unhappiness from the need to play at the highest limits and to always win be winning $$ every month.

Or maybe, it's just a matter of time and after another year of these limits you will adjust your expectations and it will be a moot point.