View Single Post
Old 09-04-2007, 05:03 PM

Default Re: Dear uNL: You are not good enough

[ QUOTE ]
The point is this:

uNL needs to focus on learning how to play ABC TAG poker in the 95% of the hands they play where things proceed normally instead of worrying about the DEFGH plays they can be making in the other 5% of the hands they can possibly be playing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ding ding ding...no wonder youre one of those moderator guys [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] The other thing that people dont realize is that most of the guys who play very loose preflop generally have a) sick hand reading skills and b) pick up on their opponents pretty rapidly because of the pressure they put on them. Do some of the guys here have those or the potential to develop those? Sure, but uNL is where you need to perfect your ABC poker.

As far as winning stats at higher limits, the ones posted are more than enough to beat those limits. TAG does not mean weak tight nit...the A does stand for aggressive.

The two major things you should be getting out of uNL are:

1) increasing your roll
2) playing ABC poker until it is second nature to you.

PS I should say that I dont think you should never tinker with your game in uNL but most of the time you should concentrate on solid, smart, aggressive poker. For those that say it is cheaper to lose money experimenting at lower limits I will say this: Quit thinking in absolute terms and be aware that there are still plenty of donks at the higher limits and you will have to learn to adjust your game against them.