View Single Post
Old 09-04-2007, 03:06 PM

Default Re: Tilting/chasing losses. Fight it or just quit playing?

There are times when you simply shouldn't be playing poker as you pointed out (when you have issues in your life that you have identified). If you must play as a release, you should be stepping down. This is experience talking (which I didn't have). I don't know where I would be right now if the UIGEA (or whatever it was) hadn't passed.

Take oddsock's advice to keeping your balance in your account near the minimum to allow you to play a couple sessions if possible. The time taken to re-load your account can give time to gain perspective on what's happening.

You have a destructive tendency which may be a gambling addiction or it may be due to other life issues currently surfacing. You are aware of the issue so try to monitor it. Don't lie to yourself about it though if it rears its ugly head again. It may be time to step back and gain some 'true' perspective.

It's unlikely that you will beat this 100%, but as long as you can minimize the damage, it won't completely destroy your bankroll (have a bankroll).