View Single Post
Old 09-04-2007, 03:05 PM

Default Re: \"The Game\" Book discussion

I found this book extremely entertaining. Neil Strauss is a very good writer and this book really hooked me.

Shortly after I read this book I was sitting in a cafe and overheard the conversation of a couple on their first date who were sitting at a table near me. Hilariously, the guy was running through many of the different "games" that Neil used in "The Game" (such as "The Cube"). I think he went through 2 or 3 of these, and I have never seen a girl so uncomfortable in my life. Obviously this stuff can and does work, but it's supposed to be more of a spice rather than the meat and potatoes of the entire interaction. Thankfully for me, this guy had no idea and provided me with at least a few minutes of entertainment [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img].

Strauss has a written a few other biographies, one on Marilyn Manson which is pretty good, and I believe another on Jenna Jameson.

As for using these techniques in your every day pickup... I personally haven't tried any of the gimmicks, and like blackize, I too feel kind of empty after skronking a girl that I have little interest in beyond sex.