View Single Post
Old 09-04-2007, 03:02 PM

Default I hit it and get raised

Online $10/20.

MP is a weirdo who coldcalls all the time, plays a ton of hands preflop but only bets/raises postflop when he has a piece.

In a small sample it seems that CO is just a very bad player, very loose preflop, seems to lose most of the time. Haven't seen him raise more than once in 50 hands or so.

I open J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] UTG and MP and CO cold call. We take the flop three ways.

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I bet, MP raises, CO calls, I threebet, MP caps, CO calls, I call.

Turn: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Check, check, check.

River: 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I bet, MP calls, CO raises...

Questions:

Too much action on the flop? Once CO coldcalls once I think he's going to call again even if MP caps it. I have a billion outs, so I threebet this for value. Anyone not do this? Does it matter?

On the turn I pick up more outs but I think my equity is about 1/3 and I feel like I do need to hit this to win, so I don't bother betting. Should I?

The turn check-round was a total surprise, obviously.

River: CO's raise was not expected, but I guess the flop coldcalls meant hearts. So he most likely has a flush. Does he have a crappy one often enough to make this a threebet-and-call?