View Single Post
Old 09-04-2007, 02:55 PM

Default Re: Let\'s build a business.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Aren't you worried that by limiting your food choice to paninis you are limiting potential customers only people in the mood for paninis. I think this is potentially fatal decision

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's better than serving a wide range of foods and not being known for something. By serving a specific type of food and wrapping up a niche, we should do just fine. I'd suggest reading Purple Cow. In the book, the author suggests that it's important to appeal to a niche, and I believe there will be a niche for a fast, healthy, grilled sandwich. Besides, drunk college students don't want to look through a 5 page menu when they are hungry; the fewer options the better. Even when my idea was to servce purely friend food, I was planning on having a menu of a max of 8 different foods (absolute max).

[/ QUOTE ]

Strongly agree with this, though you might want to look into having more upmarket type finger-foods for the "classier" section of your place (cheeses, crackers, stuff thats tasty and goes well with wine/cocktails). Also the margins on these finger-food type are pretty huge.

Really what makes you money is shifting assloads of drinks, so just always work from that starting point. It's no good to overlook the forest for the trees - stuff like dancing, DJs, arcades are the secondary concerns.

Also strongly agree with keeping the two areas separate.