View Single Post
Old 09-04-2007, 02:27 PM

Default Re: Let\'s build a business.

[ QUOTE ]
Can you serve alcohol on level one if 18+ people are allowed in?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

[ QUOTE ]
Will all ages be able to move freely once inside this bar?

[/ QUOTE ]

The busy night of Thurs-Sat will be 21+ for ease of management. All other nights will be 18+ with different promotions like karaoke, salsa night, etc.

[ QUOTE ]
I think you might be better off just serving alcohol and not food (unless you can do food really well). If a place gets a reputation for having mediocre food it will probably hurt the bar's business.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to be working very hard to separate the two different places, both physically and in the branding. The purpose of the food and arcade isn't meant to be a part of the business, it's meant to be synergistic with it. As I'm sure you've read by now, since I'm a month late in responding to it, the idea is paninis. Something that relatively easy, fast, easy-to-clean, and hard to screw up.

[ QUOTE ]
Level one would be great if you could have arcade games, pinball, and beer. People could then move back and forth between the more low key bottom area to the top two areas which would be nicer/trendier/more upbeat (the dance area).

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, this was my initial idea, but I now firmly stand for trying to keep the two different areas separate. The ability to serve beer on the first floor could work out really well, though. I will look into that, and see if it would be a problem letting in <18 on the first floor.