View Single Post
Old 09-04-2007, 02:23 PM

Default Dear uNL: You are not good enough

Dear uNL;

You are not good enough to raise JTs UTG. You don't play well enough to raise KTo in MP or suited junk OTB. You don't need to play 30/20 to beat 50NL.

You are not sbrugby; do not 3bet TAGs "light" w/ 97s.

Do not raise these hands; create a big preflop pot; cbet the flop w/ your TPGK and/or air, and then ask what to do on the turn when called with the pot you bloated with a mediocre hand.

Do not answer "This is standard for me..." because it probably shouldn't be.

Just fold. FOLD. You can fold mediocre hands and beat 25NL/50NL.

"But --" No, just fold.

You just aren't good enough yet and raising all these hands is costing you money.

Feel free to tell me how you are in fact good enough, how I suck at poker (probably true; I don't care), and don't know what I'm talking about...

But think about this post when you are staring at QJo in MP. Do you know what you are going to do if you flop MP? If you flop Q74 and get action? If you flop J92 2flushed and get check minraised? Can you answer these questions depending on if the player is tight/loose/aggressive/passive? If they have a 150/100/70/50/30 BB stack? Can you think about all this, put them on a range and calculate your equity of your mediocre hand OOP and then make a profitable decision?

IMO, uNL you're just not good enough.

Yet.

/flame on

CLIFFS NOTES: FOLD MEDIOCRE HANDS PREFLOP BECAUSE YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO PLAY THEM POSTFLOP WHEN YOU GET ACTION AND IT COSTS YOU MONEY.