View Single Post
Old 09-04-2007, 01:48 PM

Default Re: Turn second nuts, overbet bluff river...

[ QUOTE ]
yes, yes they are. you acquire no new information in between making the turn call and then shoving the river. if you think he has JhX, you shouldn't be calling the turn, and if you don't think he has JhX, you shouldn't be shoving the river.

logically inconsistent

[/ QUOTE ]

sigh...

It's not logically inconsistent b/c things have changed since the turn and the river...not in his range, but on the board. Come on guys, this really isn't that hard

I never said he has the J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], but i think it's most likely based on the action. If I shove the river, I pretty much always win. He doesn't fold a boat, but he never has a boat here, so that is a moot point. He folds any heart pretty much always though. So if his most likely holding is the J hearts, then it makes sense to play it safe and get him to fold, instead of trying to get value from lower hearts

If he does decide to make a hero call, he should be making it with a lower heart as well as with the J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] , so I may get value out of it ocassionally too

I can definitely understand if you don't like it b/c you think that lower hearts and random hands I beat that he will call with are in his range enough to c/c or b/f, but since nobody but jfish even mentioned that, (I tihnk), that probably isn't the case with most of you

EDIT to add that Yes, this overly tight TAG will fold the J hearts a LOT here (as will a lot of good players, but i don't want to insult anyone on here based on replies...)