Thread: 4betting Range
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2007, 01:29 PM

Default Re: 4betting Range

Just some thoughts, I'm not an authority:

Did he do this to you from the blinds, in position, from both of these locations equally? I'm wondering because you might want to base your decision to 4 bet partially on whether you're in position and can call his 3-bet and take him postflop, versus when you're OOP.

Were you adjusting your opening range at all? If he actually persisted in 3 betting you 1 out of every 3-4 raises pf, I personally would mix it up between 4 betting with A10s+ (AJo+) and 66+ (and sometimes including low and high SCs), and calling with a wider range in position of course. This has seemed to work when I've tried it, but my sample size is small, since I'm a micro-NLer.

Despite my endorsement above, I will concede that the whole 4-betting lighter thing is a little weird at 25NL. It may simply pump up your variance without doing very much for profit, and complicate life if he manages to respond well to your aggression. You'll then start adjusting back and forth to each other, and that's a fairly distracting pursuit at 25NL.

On the other hand, I would guess that most 25NL villains will react by spewing too much or retreating back into their shells, so you can watch what he does, go from there, and hopefully out-play him.

P.S. Jesus Christ check out Lucky Jim's linky and never mind me.