View Single Post
Old 09-04-2007, 01:15 PM

Default Re: KK and i know whatever happens in this hand i will be lost

personally i don't like 3 betting the flop. it pot commits you when he pushes given his range i.e. your definitely playing for stacks. if your playing for stacks he's going to be getting in with a worse range on the turn as more often he'll have the sole jack or continuing a semi bluff, whereas by him push 4betting the flop he will less often be on a draw or have the jack, thus more often you'll be versus set, 45 or monster draw.

when you have a strong hand but large stacks relative to the pot, i think faking fold equity to your opponent is a better play as it means he is aggressive with a worse range of hands then if your aggressive and pot committing yourself vs a higher range of hands. especially when it pot commits your opponent when he could be playing for fold equity with a draw.

maybe that all makes no sense, i dunno, but i think the gist of it is right, that his range is worse when he senses fold equity than when he sees you 3 betting and still decides to push. for sure you may get some jacks and draws to be folding on the flop, but im happy enough that he'll be firing on the turn the 4 in 5 times he misses or so and then ill pot commit him with a raise, so meh, im happy with him not folding and instead firing again.