View Single Post
Old 09-04-2007, 01:15 PM

Default Re: Fish in a Barrel...

[ QUOTE ]
Well, hell, man, EVERY book out there tells you how to beat bad players. At least that's the attempt. Whether they accomplish it or not is more on the reader than the author.

It's amazing how many people out there think there is a magic bullet that will transform them into world-class poker players in 300 pages. Expertise without effort is beyond your reach. Do the freakin' work.

There's probably 100,000 posts on 2+2 that will tell you how to beat these guys.

Read, study and play every day for five years, then come back and ask the same question. You won't. Either you will know how bad the question is, or you won't be playing anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]
I realize all of this. I have probably printed about 100 posts from here and there with good advice. I have a pretty good approach to playing against these players as well. I have even made quite a few posts myself giving advice that I hope is clear and helpful.

All I am asking is if there is a book that has a concentration of advice in this area. I suspect as you suggest that lots of books have spatterings about this kind of advice. And perhaps I should have been clear that I am talking about NL.

I am already beating these players but as we all know, we want to become more proficient by fine-tuning our game. Nothing makes me happier than making a calling station fold. It's just that that is very difficult to do.

On the other hand, I might just write such a book (sorry for any unintended ego float here). Maybe I could call it "Fighting through NL Holdem Online $10 at a time" or something shorter and catchier.

I guess the bottom line is that I get better results in mid games against better players than I do at lower stakes like $10-$20 MTTs. Maybe I'm doing better than I think though.

Just looking to improve man.