View Single Post
Old 09-04-2007, 11:36 AM

Default Re: Best education if I want to become a financial/investment analyst?

[ QUOTE ]
Your chance of getting into Harvard? Almost nil, from what I understand. Probably better of staying in Sweden.. although if you can get into one of the big schools in the states that would obv. be the best option (Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Stanford, Wharton -- once again chance of getting in is fairly low)

Also, from what I recal D.E. Shaw only really take PhDs in Math / Stats / Physics. The only way someone with something less would be getting in is through some decent work experience.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, my chances of getting into one of the big schools are probably pretty slim.

I'm thinking about starting out with the Industrial Engineering and Management program, and then choose some financial and financial mathematics courses, and see what I think about it and if it seems to be something I would like to work with in the future. If I decide it's something I'd like to work with, my education will not be completely useless. Then I can also choose an appropriate two year master.

If I end up not liking the finance courses and decide that I'd like to work with something else, I still have a solid education with many other interesting employment possibilities.