View Single Post
Old 09-04-2007, 11:34 AM

Default Re: PokerStars say you can break their rules

I have to agree with PokerStars on this one

1) There is no reason to assume the player might not have folded anyway. He might have called he might not have called. He was still thinking about it.

2) The rules were broken in that a hand was discussed while it was still in play (something I see at least once or twice a week) but there is no way to determine that the other player actually believed him. If I player tells me he has a certain hand I am not going to fold my hand based on that information. If players actually behaved like that I'd just play any two and then yell out that I had whatever the nuts happened to be and have everyone fold to me.

3) In this case you have a very easy situation. On the bubble with a call by the other player leading to him being eliminated. But what if the case was he'd just be crippled or what if there was 4 players not 3 and the same thing happened? How far and to what extent should the site be willing to counterfactualize?

4) It is $25. At 6 e-mails you are at just over $4 per e-mail. Honestly is that what your time is worth?