View Single Post
Old 09-04-2007, 11:11 AM

Default Re: ruling question (with anecdotes)

[ QUOTE ]

3. If this player had been unaware of the raise in front of him, he could be allowed to take back his $25 and reconsider his action.

4. If the dealer asks the player if he was aware of the raise in front of him and he says yes, then he must complete the raise to minimum legal which is to add another $3.

[/ QUOTE ]
I have seen this interpretation used and I think it's horrible. If a floor were to rule this way every time, it would be an angle shooters dream.

For example:
Scenario 1: Raise to $15... oh look i have TT, let me see where I'm at, "make it $25"....sir you can't do that. did you see there was a raise in front of you...(thinks hmm...I don't think he likes that I reraised) "Yes, I was trying to reraise"...Ok the minimum raise is $28, so the bet is $28.
scenario 2: Raise to $15... oh look i have TT, let me see where I'm at, "make it $25"....sir you can't do that. did you see there was a raise in front of you...(thinks hmm...Original raiser is creaming in his pants and wants this to be a raise) "No, I didn't see that raise, I'll just call" (thinks, let me hit a set and stack this bitch)