View Single Post
Old 09-04-2007, 06:42 AM

Default Re: 50nl KK runs into a nasty turn

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
just because villain isn't usually calling us with anything we beat here, doesn't mean that we should fold our hand, because villain is still folding enough of the time for a bet to be profitable here, whether there is any value to be gained or not, simply from taking the pot down.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you're basically advising a blocking bet in order to prevent him vom bluffing with worse hands? Because he's for sure not folding any of the hands that have us beat.

I dunno if I like it, but it gains definatly in value, because of the flush draw, giving us the opportunity to take the pot down against a made flush, if we hit. But this could be irrelevant if he chooses to raises the turn with his flush in order to protect his hand against higher clubs. Not an unrealistic scenario if we consider his AF.

So I think c/c is may be better, because his AF also makes it possible that he bets middlepair hands or possibly even 67, if that's in his range, in order to take the pot down. Combining this with the times he has a flush or an ace, or a five, we should have enough equity to call a moderate sized bet on the turn. And if he does not bet, we get a freecard and infinite pot odds. And you can't turn down such an offer.

With his aggression I don't think c/f is a reliable option, because as stated he might bet weaker hands than a draw, if we check. So we don't have to count on implied odds, which a poor at the moment, alone, facing a turn bet, which could enable us to call his bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

i like c/c more than betting too, just making the point that its not that big of a deal that a bet will only be called by better hands if you're not up against enough better hands to make it a losing venture.