View Single Post
Old 09-04-2007, 06:38 AM

Default Re: changed my mind about michael vick, slap on wrist only

[ QUOTE ]
THEY STITCHED AND KILLED DOGS TO SELL PRODUCT, TO MAKE MONEY, that was teh only reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

You say "To make money" as though there is some evil in that.

[ QUOTE ]
I think the parallel to dogfighting is pretty obvious.

the only difference I can see is that medical sales are regulated and permiteted, and dog gambling is unlicensed and unregulated and therefore illegal (to reduce compettition with state lotteries and such)(

[/ QUOTE ]

WHAT? That is the worst reason I've ever heard as an explaination of why dogfighting is illegal.

Do you honestly believe that a large portion of the general public would hop from buying quick-piks at the 7-11 to watching DOG FIGHTS, if only it were legal?

Dog fighting is against the law because it is cruel, senseless and barbaric. It is also a useless endevour, A point you seem to have missed. Research on dogs does provide a positive end result.

Whether you agree with animal research or not, the statistics are right in front of your face to show you that it is effective. It simply becomes a question you must answer in your own mind as to whether the ends justify the means.

In a dogfight, however, no one wins. It's not like medical research, where a dog dies, but a human lives. In fact, their is alot of research in the pyschological and criminal justice community that shows that people who participate in dogfighting/[censored]-fighting, etc have a much higher probability of killing or committing a serious violent act on another human.