View Single Post
Old 09-04-2007, 05:52 AM

Default Re: 3 quick KT hands - too passive?

I like hand 1. If you bet the turn, you will have to fold to a real raise which sucks because you have a lot of outs. The river is pretty tough though. check and see what kind of odds he'll offer you. If he bets again you're probably smoked though.

2. Why aren't you raising the flop? I will very often raise with air when someone donks weakly into me, so I'd def. do it w/top pair too. The hand plays much simpler after that. As played, call turn, call river is best. We want to get to showdown cheaply.

3. I'm not sure what you gain by raising preflop. I'd rather keep the pot small in a blind battle vs a retarded player with a hand that probably hasn't got that much equity vs him.

And the flop illustrates why. You pretty much got the perfect 1-pair flop for your hand, and you don't know if you should be raising or not. Because it's a 3bet blind vs blind and villain is an r-tard i'd just raise the flop and try to get the money in on the turn.

Or you can take your line and let him get 2 cheap cards and then value bet you (badly) when he hits.