View Single Post
Old 09-04-2007, 01:43 AM

Default Re: Mile run - how much time can I drop in a month?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
AFAIK studies show that both aerobic and anaerobic endurance increase more through interval training than distance training

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting. Links plz?

I was basing my recs based off std track style training. Long runs + short runs = best time at in between run

[/ QUOTE ]

did you ever google tabata protocol?

Intervals are slowly taking over as the preferred method of improving both endurance and speed. And I could even go to the advantages this type of training has as far as weight loss / fat burn go, but its not relevant here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you dense or just like to pretend you're erudite?

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you have to be such a flaming [censored]? If you think Im wrong about something or I'm not doing a good job of conveying what I'm trying to say, please let me know. The insults really arent necessary.

At any rate, staticshock pretty much said what I was going to say in response to your childish post.

Here is a link to a Men's Fitness article which does a decent job of summarizing the Tabata protocol

The Secret of Tabata

And a quick excerpt from said article:

[ QUOTE ]
In Tabata's study, the researchers found that guys who used the routine five days a week for six weeks improved their maximum aerobic capacity (a measure of your body's ability to consume oxygen--the more oxygen you can take in, the longer and harder you'll be able to run) by 14%. What's more, it also improved anaerobic capacity (which measures your speed endurance, or the duration you're able to sprint at full effort) by 28%. So the Tabata Protocol is the rare workout that benefits both endurance athletes and sprinters--hard to accomplish. Consider: A study of traditional aerobic training--running at 70% of aerobic capacity for 60 minutes--for the same number of weeks showed an improvement in aerobic capacity of 9.5% and no effect on anaerobic capacity.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is other information out there obviously, this was the first return on the google search.