View Single Post
Old 09-03-2007, 09:57 PM

Default Re: Ron Paul on Subprime

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
OK im gonna watch this but McKinney make Neilsio look sane, reasonable, and down to earth. I dont doubt that there are serious sums of missing money but, maybe you should help your cause finding someone who isnt batshit insane.

[/ QUOTE ]

does rumsfeld deny it? does he? when asked, does he deny that pentagon can't account for major sums of money?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll ask again: How does the Pentagon lose 10x its budget in 1 year?

Rep McKinney states in the video:

"Fiscal year 99, $2.3 trillion missing. Fiscal year 2000, $1.1 trillion missing."

She is implying that the Pentagon misplaced $2.3 trillion in 1999, a year in which its entire budget was $270 billion (~1/10th of what she claims was lost). You said before that this was over a number of years. This makes no sense. If it's over a number of years, then why did she specify it by year? And if that was a total sum, then by her own questioning, the Pentagon must have somehow FOUND $1.2 *TRILLION* (> 5 times its budget) in 2000 ($2.3 trillion - $1.1 trillion).

I think the only reason Rummy gave a vague evasive answer is because he didn't know wtf she was talking about and thought it was wiser to play it down rather than ask a Congresswomen if she was freaking high as a kite or as as dumb as a rock.