Thread: PPA Update.
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2007, 07:52 PM

Default Re: PPA Update.

[ QUOTE ]
I took the PPA to task on my radio show. I can't figure out why they have never bothered to recruit players in card rooms. Truthfully, there are a lot of things that the PPA has either done wrong, not done, or could have done better. It started out trying to be Macy's through garage sales. There has been little professional about it.

Getting support from 2+2 would go a long way. Getting support from the AARP would be better. Getting an agreement with the DNC would be best of all.

Are any of those things going to happen?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. Thats been a pet idea of mine a long time. Recruit in the card rooms. Recruit in the bar leagues. The AARP is a good idea. Im not sure their view on this at all. Would be a good approach. The DNC we may have problems. A lot of higher ups in the Dems are just as whacky far out religious types as the Republicans, but we should be there. I think thats a battle we could win for support. The PPA should not stop at internet poker. At one point they had the stated goal of making all home games everywhere legal. After that who knows? Stopping anti-competitive rake-upping behavior from the rooms. But how ca they go hat in hand to beg for endorsements when they can't even get the most important poker constituency out there, 2p2, to endorse them.