View Single Post
Old 09-03-2007, 03:40 PM

Default Will/Could PartyPoker ever return to the US?

I haven't seen a full thread devoted to this recently, but if it has been exhausted, please point me to the thread and delete this one.

It now seems fairly reasonable to assume that none of the major poker sites catering to US players are feeling much heat from the Gov (at least as far as I know).

It also seems pretty unlikely that any real action is being taken based on the UIGEA...or will be taken in the near future.

This brings up the question - What is keeping Party Poker from returning to the US right now? Have they been singled out in some way that PokerStars, UB, Absolute, Bodog, etc. have not? Would they ever be able to just say "Well, this law is obviously going no where. Come on back, yanks!"

If they were technically able to begin accepting US players again, would there be any significant reason why they would NOT want to return?

My thought process leads me to believe that if they COULD return, they WOULD. Why would they pass up millions of dollars in rake? But when comparing them to stars/UB/AP/etc, I cant really see any reason why they could not.

Ideas?