View Single Post
Old 09-03-2007, 02:13 PM

Default Re: Another hand I probably misplayed

[ QUOTE ]
Results:

You would have to have played with the BB to understand that he is indeed likely betting the river with a bluff or a medium pair. He would check-raise a straight or full house 499% of the time there, so the only hands that were likely to beat me were QJ, Q9, or a retardedly played 5.

Since it was impossible to fold the river given that, the only decision was if it was more profitable to call (and possibly pick up an overcall) or to raise (and possibly fold a slightly better hand behind me).

[/ QUOTE ]

The last paragraph sums up the hand so the only questions are how often is button folding a better hand and how often are you are ahead of bb. Your running a parlay where I don't feel you have the odds to win here. FWIW, I think you had the best hand on the river and it prolly didn't matter what you did. Against a 2p2er I like this play a lot more b/c they are likely to toss AQ, AA/KK but against the guy you described I dislike it b/c he's the type of donkey that will fling his chips in expecting to lose and drag a big pot.