View Single Post
Old 09-03-2007, 01:47 PM

Default Re: Curious why you say that

I'm one of the low-stakes people TT refers too.

Rude floor and somewhat crowded conditions and even iffy chairs and zilcho comps I can tolerate.

When I played there for the first time though I was just blown away by how jammed the tables were. And those chairs that kind of jut back at the top don't make it any easier.
In some sections there is just no easy way for a player or waitress to get through.
So in some seats you are going to get bumped and spun slightly over and over and over again.
Freaking awful and pretty tilt inducing.
Even when it's nice people or waitresses who accidentally do it and they genuinely apologize it doesn't stop the fact that I'm literally getting bumped about every couple minutes.

Don't think this is as much of a problem in the higher-stakes areas where there might be slightly less traffic. It was pretty incomprehensible to me in a couple of the places where I was sitting.

Should be noted that I'm 5'6" with especially short legs and am not really THAT badly overweight. So it's not like my large frame or big belly caused me to take up a ton of space and sit way back from the table or anything like that.

When it's a 300 lb. or 6'4" guy in one of those seats obviously they are likely to need a little bit more room which makes it even more difficult for anyone to get through.

It's embarassing how badly designed that room is just to walk through to certain seats/tables.