View Single Post
Old 09-03-2007, 01:19 PM

Default Re: LC - Help needed to plug my leak (NL10 atm)

MrBumb,

I think your problem is common. I know I still suffer from it from time to time. For a one pair hand you really want to generally keep the pot small unless you have a specific read that the villain is a real donk. This means checking many nondangerous looking turns rather than trying to bet all three streets.

In the first hand your villain likely has a very wide range, but the fact that he raised and then called your signficant 3bet should suggest that villain probably is a donk. For instance, unless you were both really deep he doesn't even have set odds to call you. The fact that you have tp going into the hand means you likely have villain totally dominated.

Regarding your example with the two villains -- anytime someone raises when there are 2 others in the pot I get very concerned. HU villains may be a bit more aggressive, but against 2 or more players it is probably rare that your single pair hand (even tptk) is good.

Another suggestion which I intend to implement also, is to try to take a few extra seconds before I click that "call" button. I frequently find at the end of the hand that I clicked too quickly rather than taking a moment to try to reason through the hand. We have the time clock for a reason, so not a bad idea to take advantage of a few extra seconds to really consider the best course of action.

GL!